Monday, December 12, 2016

Civil Disobedience

Some of the common attributes of the requirements are that they all had some sort of question that could follow them up. For example, with four years of a science/lab class, you could ask if you have to take the four years of math with it. They also seem to have not taken any student's opinions about the new adjustments and just had the faculty design it.

The relationship between the government and the individual becomes negative. These requirements cause the individual to become aggressive and angry with the government, causing outrage, protests, and disagreement all the way around. Having a negative relationship like this could cause the government (or its funds) to come crashing down from not having supportive individuals.

I drew the line for myself at dropping out of school entirely. I still want to receive a quality education, but I wouldn't want to have that education at a school that doesn't please me or makes me dread walking in every day. I would rather enter a school where my education is fit for me, not for what the government or administration thinks I should have. If I'm required to take classes I'm not interested in or I lack skills in, I feel like a fish being asked to climb up a tree.

Quote Responses:

  • I love this quote. Man should always know what kind of people say that they are higher up than the rest of us and what decisions they are going to make before giving them respect. Because the more they know about their option, the more likely they are to trust that option.
  • We should think about being humaine first, being what we were born as, rather than as an object that's thrown around by society. We should always do that-be our natural human selves-but half of the time, the nation turns into robots and don't know how to properly live their lives.
  • I like this because we all have the right to do what we think is correct at any time yet we ignore that notion and think about the law or what isn't the law and it drives me absolutely batty because we could literally do anything we wanted. I could shave my head and learn karate tomorrow if I really wanted to. We have the right as humans to do whatever we please. 
  • I agree with the first one and I don't really have much else to say about it because it's very self explanatory: An unjust law is no law at all. It's like a rulebreaker, the odd one out. People aren't going to follow an unjust law (although many won't follow the just ones), but rather, they will break it again and again until the peoples' voices are heard. The government would not be able to hold off the protests of an angry group for very long. 
  • I both agree and disagree with this but I'm unsure of how to put it into words.

1 comment:

  1. Your comment that "people aren't going to follow an unjust law" really has me thinking. What are some unjust laws that have been taken off the books because people protested and wouldn't follow them (Jim Crow era laws come to mind)? Are there any unjust laws that people are currently protesting by not following them? Also, are there any laws that people do follow, but seem unjust to you?

    ReplyDelete